We went down to see some of the French relatives in Quiberon yesterday, which was a very enjoyable thing to do, especially as my wife's uncle took us out on his boat around the bay after lunch. Despite getting a bit soggy, this was great fun and, as you'd expect, started me thinking about wargaming the battle. Rather than 1/2400th scale, which would require a lot of time and cost, I was wondering about switching to 1/4800th scale for the mid-1700's, including the Seven Years War and War of Independence. The Tumbling Dice 1/4800th scale range is very nice and also requires no assembly, so much quicker and cheaper for large fleet actions. I'll have to work out what I need but this is another potential project to expand my Age of Sail wargaming this year.






This is one naval battle I've always wanted to do, I shall follow with interest.
ReplyDeleteIt's on the to do list for later this year 👍
DeleteExcellent idea Jim. Hawke's victory doesn't get the press that Trafalgar does but should be equally renowned. Until 1805, the French had an army ready to transport and a King ready to install. Plus the cajones involved in attacking against a rocky lee shore in a storm is amazing.
ReplyDeleteIt's a very unusual action but with lots of potential as a wargame
ReplyDelete