Sunday, 21 May 2017

Prototype River Sections Finished

Before the wash and gloss varnish

After the wash and gloss varnish

I decided to paint the water in shades of green, with a blend from dark to light toward the edges of the river bank. This looked good when I first applied the various green shades but has been lost in the wash and varnish stages, which is a shame but not a complete disaster. I added a couple of coats of gloss acrylic varnish and some Gamers Grass Moss tufts to break up the banks and cover a few dodgy bits. I think the end result is OK, so will crack on and make a few more river sections over the next week or so, of I can find the time.


  1. Thanks Michael. I think it's a bit too green but it still looks like a river!