I'm just starting the background research for the Lard Mag Algy article on No.1 Squadron Australian Flying Corps in Palestine c1917-18.
It turns out that there is a lot of potential for some good Algy games, primarily featuring the Brisfit, but also the Be2c, Be12, RE8 and Martynside G100 Elephant, for the AFC.
The Germans will be able to deploy Rumpler and AEG 'C' type two seaters, escorted on occasion by Albatros DIII, Albatros DVa and Pfalz DIII scouts.
The decision I have to make now is on a scale for play testing. I usually opt for 1/600th for cost/time reasons, but I'm also considering 1/300th, as I have quite a lot of what's required already in the 3D printed pile from Sabotag3d.
It's a toss up between being able to paint up almost everything I need quite quickly and having more detailed models that might be good fun to paint, albeit at a slower pace. I'd also need to order some more 3D printed models to cover the earlier phase of the campaign.
May be I should just flip a coin?!


No comments:
Post a Comment