![]() |
| Be2 / Be12a |
![]() |
| Be2c |
![]() |
| RE8 |
![]() |
| Martynside G100 |
![]() |
| HP O/400 |
For the Algy Flies Down Under scenario play testing I'm using the tried and tested option of 1/600th scale models from Tumbling Dice. I did think about using some very nice Oddzial Osmy 3mm models that I have in the lead pile but the earlier aircraft are missing, so Tumbling Dice it is again. There are most of the types that I need in the range but I'm going to have to do some adaptation and conversion work to cover the line up required, especially for the Germans.
Here we have the two seater observation machines, with the single seater escorts and a single but very big bomber. The Be2e and Be12a models use the top wing from the RE8 on the fuselage of the Be2c, otherwise being interchangable as they looked very similar. The Be2c is straight out of the pack but on its own as there were only four of them in the squadron line up. The RE8 is also a standard model but the two Martynside G100 single seaters were adapted from an Airco DH4 model by the simple addition of a wing mounted Lewis gun.
I added rear guns to the RE8 and exhaust stacks to all of the BE2 type aircraft, which was a fiddle but worth it for aesthetic reasons, even if they are a bit too tall. I tried shorter brass wire stacks but they weren't very visible, so the longer ones are visually better. The HP O/400 is a bit over the top but may actually feature in one ahistorical scenario that I'm thinking of including, just for kicks.
Next up will be the Brisfits...





No comments:
Post a Comment