I wasn't particularly happy with the title for the Lard Mag article, 'Algy Goes Down Under', as it caused no end of confusion about the focus of the project. After a bit of head scratching I came up with half a dozen alternatives and put them to the popular vote on the FB group in a none too serious poll.
'At 12 noon, the natives swoon and no further work is done. But mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.'
The top option was 'Algy Goes Out in the Midday Sun' to paraphrase Noel Coward, so that's what I'm going with from here on. I did consider 'Algy and the Flying A***holes', which is what observers were nicknamed by the Aussie pilots on account of their insignia, but I thought that might be a bit too risqué, even for the Toofatlardies readership!

No comments:
Post a Comment