![]() |
| Smith / Mustard |
A bonus scenario for the Algy Flies Down Under article includes some balloon busting by Albatros DVa pilots of Jasta 55 over the West Bank of the River Jordan in early May 1918.
Two balloons were claimed by two different pilots at this time but the exact location and details are sketchy. As the main activity at the time was the successful withdrawal from a raid over the Jordan by British and Australian forces, I've located the action there, just after the retreat across the river had been completed.
To make things interesting I'm going to throw in a pair of Australian Brisfits to intercept the raiders, although there's no historical evidence to back this up. I'm still working out the crews for these but Capt. Smith / Lt. 'Pard' Mustard and Lt.Tonkin / Lt. Camm are likely contenders, as they were in action at the time, clashing with three Albatros scouts a few days earlier.

No comments:
Post a Comment