I've been going over the Generic Villagers army list (List 1) in the Death in the Dark Continent rulebook again, to see how I can find a good balance between points and painting load.
Here's what I'm thinking of now after revising down and rounding up my previous workings out.
Nyamwezi (Generic Villagers)
3 units of spearman skirmishers (6 bases per unit) @ 4 points / 24 x 3 = 72
2 units of archer skirmishers (6 bases per unit) @ 4 points / 24 x 2 = 48
2 units of musketeers (6 bases per unit) @ 5 points / 30 x 2 = 60
Option A
1 unit of allied warriors (6 bases per unit) @ 6 points / 36 x 1 = 36
Total = 216 points
or
Option B
1 unit of allied Swahili 'Wangwana' musket armed skirmishers (4 bases per unit) @ 5 points / 20 x 1 = 20
1 unit of Arab Nobles, elite untrained skirmishers (4 bases per unit) @
Total = points
At a push, I could put together a second unit of allied warriors but that would require an order for a pack of AFU4 Ngoni Warriors from Copplestone Castings which aren't exactly cheap at £18 a poo these days. I do have some old Black Tree Designs Zulus to mix in to lighten the load, but there are limits to how far this might work.
Although the figures I've used for the Nyamwezi aren't quite right and the shields should be more like Masai designs, I think this mix of spearmen, archers, muskets and warriors should be a good basis for a force that looks and fights in a realistic style. It's also just about manageable for painting purposes if I keep things simple?

No comments:
Post a Comment