Tuesday, 2 January 2018

MiG Alley USAF Fighters Finished

I got stuck into the decals for the 1/600th scale Sabres, Shooting Stars and Thunderjets this afternoon, managing to finish them after a few hiccups. I have only used fuselage stars on the Sabres as I won't have enough to go round if I applied them across the board, especially as I wasted twelve by using them as wing markings on the F-80's. I put this right but only after quite a bit of hassle and a few terse words. Arrgh!

I think they look OK without the insignia but I may add some if and when I can get some more from Dom's Decals. I also discovered two new bits of essential kit for tiddly transfer application, one being a very useful coffee tin lid as a squadron sized hold all, the other being the humble cotton bud as a dabber to soak up the excess water or decal set instead of the usual bit of tissue. Both very basic but also extremely handy!


  1. They have turned out very nicely.



  2. Cheers Pete...on to the USN / USMC now.

  3. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.