Saturday, 12 October 2013
Bolt Action Yanks 
I was hoping to achieve more today but I have made some experimental steps toward the foliage on the bases using a combination of dried basil for leaf litter, together with Army Painter Swamp and Highland tufts. I was thinking of adding some static grass but I don't think I need to. I will, however, probably add a splash of autumnal orange and brown to the basil using a dab of dry brushing and stippling.
I've also started on the vehicles with a Future based gunge wash over a couple of the tanks and the newly assembled Bolt Action 57mm anti-tank gun. This was a right pain in the bum to assemble but I got there in the end. It scales out well with the Artizan figures but I now have to paint up three gun crew to match the infantry that I already have.