The second scenario in the Lard Mag line up is one that I mentioned in an earlier post - The Sportsman - which involves a dogfight between three AFC aircraft on a patrol near Gaza and two aircraft of FA300. Here's a report of the action from the German records:
"Monday, 9.July 1917. To the Sinai Front at the 8.July two hostile airplanes were shot down in aerial combat and both crashed. Details are missing still"
The BE2e of Lieutenant T. Taylor and Lieutenant F.W.F Lukis was on an operation escorted by the Martinsyde of Captain Charles A. Brookes an RFC officer attached to the AFC and a BE12a aircraft flown by Claude H.Vautin.
The three aircraft were attacked by the Rumpler C.I aircraft of Offstv. Kern and Oberleutnant Kurt Jancke, and the Albatros DIII of Oberleutnant Gerhard Felmy.
Kern and Jancke attacked the Martinsyde of Brookes and in the ensuing engagement Brookes was shot down out of control, his Martinsyde's wings collapsing in a spin before crashing.
Vautin was chased to Beit Hanun before being forced to land. Vautin was the third confirmed victory for Felmy (although other sources suggest it may actually have been his fifth).
This is a cracking little dogfight and should make for a relatively straightforward but challenging scenario, especially for the Australian pilots in their assorted obsolescent aircraft. The Germans will definitely have the edge but I can balance things out with some careful design, especially in the objectives and special rules I can build in to the write up.
Talky Ho!

No comments:
Post a Comment