Sunday, 22 May 2011

Crimson Fists

My eldest has been badgering me to help him paint up his space marines for ages, so today I spent a couple of hours on five figures that he decided were going to be Crimson Fists, whatever that means. We had a picture in his space marines codex thingy to use as a reference but it was all a bit made up as we went along, using the paints he had in his boxed set together with a few extra shades from my collection.

Alex did most of the drybrushing work while I concentrated on the fiddly bits and details. I think they came out quite well, especially as we knocked them out in the space of a short afternoon using what we had available. The hardest bit was getting the decals to sit on the curved shoulder pads. I had to trim them down and slap on loads of decal fix to get them to settle but they behave themselves in the end with a little persuasion.

I quite enjoyed this little diversion from the usual but I don't think I'll be taking up Warhammer 40K at any point in the future.


  1. Well you do bounce around from project to project don't you! But your output is still 10 time mine though :-)

    Great figs and most importantly quality together time. I did something similar with my Lad and his Salamanders a year or two back

  2. It's probably die to my 'oooh shiny' complex?

    It was fun painting them together and something I'll definately continue.



Bag The Hun (361) AK47 (329) Books (276) Back of Beyond (196) Bolt Action (152) Old West (118) Coastal Warfare (110) Pirates (106) Chain of Command (104) Bag The MiG (99) MiG Alley (91) VBCW (86) Wings at War (82) 15mm Sci-Fi / Near Future (78) Shows (67) BKC (65) Darkest Africa (65) Indo China / Vietnam (56) Rapid Fire (56) Target Locked On (54) Saga (51) Victory at Sea (51) Saurian Safari (50) Boardgames (49) Ironclads (48) Knights of the Sky (45) Gladiators (41) Flashpoint Baltic (38) Britain's Small Wars (37) Journals (33) Pre-Dreadnoughts (32) IABSM (31) Flashpoint Taiwan (30) Iron Cow (29) Post Apocalypse (29) Atlantic Wall (27) Normandy Firefight (27) Full Thrust (25) Samurai (23) Lion Rampant (22) France's Small Wars (21) Fortifications (20) 28mm English Civil War (19) Air War C21 (19) Achtung Kommando! (18) PITS (18) Cold War (16) Mexican Revolution (14) Rate of Fire (14) Aircraft (13) Black Ops (13) Dragon Rampant (13) Napoleonic Naval (13) Naval Thunder (13) Aliens (12) Iron Cross (12) Aeronef (11) Imaginations (11) Impetus (11) SCW (11) Imperial Commander (10) 633 Squadron (9) Alto Cenepa Air War (9) Gaslands (9) 28mm Future Wars (8) Adventures in Jimland (8) Ancients (8) Dux Britanniarum (8) ACW (7) CY6 Jet Age (7) Cry Havoc (7) Zulus! (7) Flashpoint Fleet Air Arm (6) Flashpoint: Xinjiang (6) Frostgrave (6) French Indian Wars (5) Three Musketeers (5) Arab Revolt (4) Five Men at Kursk (4) French Resistance (4) In Her Majesty's Name (4) Maurice (4) The Men Who Would Be Kings (4) HOTT (3) Strontium Dog (3) Check Your Six! (2) Crom (2) Disposable Heroes (2) Duel of Aces (2) Fire and Steel (2) Gangsters (2) HYW (2) Iron Stars (2) Luft 46 (2) NUTS! (2) No Go Zone (2) Sharp Practice (2) War in El Dorado (2) 2mm ECW (1) Dropzone Commander (1) Galactic Heroes (1) Hind Commander (1) Sturmovik Commander (1)