Tuesday, 17 July 2012
Bag the Hun North Africa 
I added the Mid Stone camouflage to the Blenheims this evening, although things didn't quite go according to plan. I started off my mixing up a slightly different combination of shades than the ones I used on the Hurricanes, partly by accident and partly because it just didn't look right. I then fiddled around with the end result to try to bring it into line, which worked up to a point but still left them looking a little too pale.
The biggest problem was the ambient temperature which meant that my paint rapidly dried out and ended up being a little too thick in places, including all over the Martin Maryland which has gone to the big melting pot in the sky as a result. I guess it was doomed from the start and I couldn't be bothered to rescue it, so will have to get a replacement at some point in the future.