Saturday, 27 July 2013
Bolt Action Yanks 
As the wife has pinched the digital camera, I have no photos to show the progress that I've made with the Bolt Action late war US infantry over the last couple of days. In a top to toe approach, I've painted the helmets in Vallejo US Dark Green, followed by the skin tones in Foundry Flesh and Flesh Light, all of which will eventually get a wash in Army Painter strong tone dip.
Next, I'll be blocking in the uniforms in Coat d'Arms Olive Drab. This isn't quite correct for the late war HBT uniforms but I think it'll look right, if you know what I mean. This will be followed by blocking in the greatcoats with Vallejo US Field Drab. To complete the bulk of the painting, I'll pick out the webbing and packs, although I've yet to decide what with.
I've got a busy DIY day tomorrow but hope to get more done in the evening, once I've painted the sprog's bedroom in two coats of day-glo pink. I'll also try to get hold of a digital camera at some point so that I can post some decent pictures of the Bolt Action stuff. In the meantime, here's a rather good example of plastic kit box art for you to enjoy!