Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Cheka Extras

I've been bumbling along with the extra Cheka figures for my Bolshevik army and have succeeded to a lesser or greater extent in matching the grey shade of their uniforms. This wasn't as easy as it sounds as I had forgotten what I used ten years ago and have since switched paints to Foundry and Vallejo from Citadel. In the end I used a couple of shades of Foundry Charcoal, followed by a wash in GW Nuln Oil and a light dry brush in Foundry Arctic Grey Shade. It will have to do. I also finished renovating the Red General, as I like to call him, so he's now ready for some base dry brushing and decoration.


  1. Nicely done. As to the shading, I don't think the supply of uniforms and the dyes used would be consistent in such chaotic times, so close-enough is probably realistic.

  2. What AJ said! Good to see you're making progress

  3. Good point..had'nt thought of that.