Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Bag the Doodlebug [13]

After a couple of evenings feeling a bit rough, I finally got back to the painting schedule this evening with the aim of completing the fiddly bits by the close of play. I've added the theatre bands in Vallejo Pastel Green (885) together with the leading edge strips in a mix of GW Golden Yellow and White. I've also painted the exhausts in Foundry Tan Shade and Tan Shade light.

Unfortunately, one of the Mustangs has been consigned to the bin after a fairly disasterous painting episode in which I tried to correct an over wide theatre band with a white basecoat for some invasion stripes. It ended in FUBAR territory so I decided to cut my losses, which is a shame as the cockpit work on the offending model was rather good, if I say so myself.


Anyway, I need to do some tidying up and blacklining but otherwise there's light at the end of the painting tunnel. I can't wait to get on to the decals, although I'm sure I'll regret it when I do. I may cut back on the D-Day invasion stripes for a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment