Thursday, 14 July 2011
AK47 Summer Offensive 
I didn't get round to starting the heavy weapons today but I have finished painting the regulars, which are now varnished with Army Painter Matt spray and ready for the base texturing.
I started with the webbing which got a three stage covering of Foundry Moss. Next, the gun barrels got a highlight of Foundry Charcoal Black to pick out the detail. This was followed by the machete handles in two staes of Foundry Conker Brown and the grenades in a simple dash of Citadel Scorpion Green.
I then added a dot of Citadel Blood Red to the tips of the RPG's and drybrushed Foundry Spearpoint over the machine gun belts, followed by a wash of Citadel Brown Ink. To finish off, I picked out the canteen lids in Spearpoint as well, as the pot was open and I had some spare paint on the palette.
I'm farly happy with the end result, although the basing should finish them off properly. I'll start on the next unit/s tomorrow and continue with the AK47 project until the end of the month, when we'll be off to France for the Summer. If I crack on, I should get the bulk of the Ltumtu army done by the end of July.