Wednesday, 17 November 2010
Bag The Doodlebug 
I finished off the last of the basing for the Bag the Doodlebug aircraft tonight and then undercoated the whole lot with Humbrol Light Grey spray. It's more of a light dusting than a full coating, as I didn't want to fill any of the detailed panel lines with paint.
I've also had a bit of a paint test using Vallejo shades in order to work out the principal colours that I'm going to use on the upper and lower surfaces. So far it's looking like Reflective Green (70890) and Pale Grey Blue (907) for the green camouflage pattern and the under fuselage, both colours being a pretty good match for the real thing.
The upper surfaces are a bit more of a problem as I've yet to find a good match for the medium grey camouflage shade used on late war RAF aircraft. I may have to fall back on something from Foundry or GW, unless I can find a suitable shade in the Vallejo range that I don't already have. I don't fancy mixing anything as it only makes things more complicated.