Sunday, 20 January 2013

Full Thrust Mini Project [3]

In a series of very disjointed sessions I managed to get the Neo Soviet fleet wetbrushed, drybrushed, washed and detailed today, despite feeling pretty rough due to my resurgent cold. It's self inflicted as I've spent quite a lot of time outside in the snow with the kids over the last couple of days, which was less than sensible but also unavoidable.

The models were given the tried and tested Foundry Phlegm Green coverage to start with, then washed in gunge. I painted all the tiddly windows in Foundry White followed by GW Bad Moon Yellow. The engine exhausts were painted in two shades of Foundry Sky Blue, followed by a highlight in Foundry White, although you can't see this in the photos.

If I feel up to it, I'll add the decals and some battle damage tomorrow before giving the whole fleet an overspray in satin varnish, in order to seal the decals and tone down the shiny effect of the wash. I'm not going to go overboard with the fiddly details, as this is a supposedly quick mini-project, but I may also do some additional farting about to pick out some features.


  1. Holey moley, that is simple, but a mightily effective method - looks great - definitely have to try this!

  2. A very nice result, and so much more effective than the usual shiny white/silver scheme.