Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Superglue Crisis

Sounds a bit like one of those godawful Japanese manga comic things.

Actually, it's the result of my attempts to assemble an M113 ACAV using any old glue I could find in my box of useful stuff, having run out of the gel superglue that I normally use. I don't know if it's the cold weather, or some other inexplicable spanner in the works, but my attempts to superglue white metal things together have been fairly 'random' these last couple of days. Half the time the stuff just doesn't seem to set and the rest of the time it glues my fingers together.

I did, however, get one M113 ACAV done this evening despite much wailing and gnashing of teeth, before switching to something less traumatic i.e. the six stands of infantry for the two mechanised rifle squadrons. These were much less hassle to clean up and base, so I made good progress and got them all done in the space of half an hour or so.

I've used a combination of figures from the Minifigs WW2 US Infantry, US Marines and US Paratroopers packs plus M60 gunners and bloopers from the the Vietnam US Marines pack. I selected out the figures with carbines and BAR's as these look close enough to M14's to be good enough for ARVN. It also makes them distinctly different from the Vietnam US figures with the M16's, which is what I wanted to achieve.

I've also got some Minifigs Australians which I might base up as special forces to accompany the ARVN. I'm alllowed three bases of special forces in the army list so they could represent US LRRP's, ARVN LLDB's or something similar. I might as well use them and it would add a bit of backbone to the less than enthusiastic ARVN infantry, which would be quite handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bag The Hun (363) AK47 (330) Books (289) Back of Beyond (197) Bolt Action (153) Old West (118) Coastal Warfare (114) Bag The MiG (107) Chain of Command (106) Pirates (106) Wings at War (102) MiG Alley (94) VBCW (86) 15mm Sci-Fi / Near Future (79) Target Locked On (77) Fistful of Lead (68) What a Tanker (68) Shows (67) BKC (65) Darkest Africa (65) Ironclads (61) Rapid Fire (58) Indo China / Vietnam (56) Victory at Sea (52) Saga (51) Boardgames (50) Saurian Safari (50) Knights of the Sky (45) Britain's Small Wars (42) Gladiators (41) Flashpoint Baltic (40) Flashpoint Taiwan (38) IABSM (36) Pre-Dreadnoughts (35) Journals (34) Post Apocalypse (30) Iron Cow (29) Atlantic Wall (28) Normandy Firefight (27) Full Thrust (25) France's Small Wars (23) Samurai (23) Air War C21 (22) Lion Rampant (22) Mexican Revolution (21) Fortifications (20) 28mm English Civil War (19) Cold War (19) Achtung Kommando! (18) PITS (18) Napoleonic Naval (15) Naval Thunder (15) Aircraft (14) Rate of Fire (14) Black Ops (13) Dragon Rampant (13) Aliens (12) Desert Spitfires (12) Flashpoint PVO (12) Imaginations (12) Iron Cross (12) Aeronef (11) Imperial Commander (11) Impetus (11) SCW (11) ACW (10) CY6 Jet Age (10) Flashpoint Alto Cenepa (10) Gaslands (10) 633 Squadron (9) Flashpoint Fleet Air Arm (9) 28mm Future Wars (8) Adventures in Jimland (8) Ancients (8) Dux Britanniarum (8) Cry Havoc (7) French Indian Wars (7) Zulus! (7) Frostgrave (6) Scramble for Britain (6) Three Musketeers (5) Arab Revolt (4) Five Men at Kursk (4) French Resistance (4) In Her Majesty's Name (4) Maurice (4) The Men Who Would Be Kings (4) Duel of Aces (3) Galactic Heroes (3) HOTT (3) Strontium Dog (3) Check Your Six! (2) Crom (2) Disposable Heroes (2) Fire and Steel (2) Gangsters (2) HYW (2) Iron Stars (2) Luft 46 (2) NUTS! (2) No Go Zone (2) Sharp Practice (2) War in El Dorado (2) 2mm ECW (1) Battlegroup (1) Dropzone Commander (1) Hind Commander (1) Missile Threat (1) Naval Command (1) Sturmovik Commander (1)