I completed my holiday project, painting up the early Imperial Roman army for Strength and Honour, so decided yesterday to crack straight on with the Parthians. This lot consists of a core force of two cataphract units and two horse archer units, with another Roman Legion to add to the army I've already done, while I'm about it.
I've tried a different method for base texturing this time, fixing the blocks in place with blu tack then adding PVA glue and sand, the idea being to prise off the blocks afterwards. This will hopefully avoid any gaps in texturing around the individual blocks. It's worth a try and should mean the blocks fit flush with the bases, if it goes according to plan.