I've been on the hunt for pilots to populate the scenarios I've been devising for the Palestine campaign. This has been relatively straightforward for Flieger Abteilung 300, for which I have quite detailed lists, but less so for Jasta 55 / Jasta 1F and the other squadrons assigned to the theatre in 1918. The records for these units are very sketchy, no doubt due to the collapse of the front in the summer of 1918, when the relevant documents were probably lost or destroyed.
Luckily, I have been able to track down quite a few pilots from Jasta 55 in this book, which has quite extensive lists of claims and losses, including the handful from the Palestine campaign. At least one of these I already know for sure as a casualty but the others can be used to fill out the ranks, even if it is speculative. I only really need to include them as kettle leaders to be honest, so I should have enough plots to go round.
Tally Ho!

No comments:
Post a Comment