- The film version Squadron Code is HT.
- There are the normal 4 flights in the squadron (Red, White, Green and Blue).
- The Squadron Leader is Blue Flight leader.
- The callsign for the attack is Everest.
- The callsign for successfully bombing the factory is Vesuvius.
- The mission is flown at 200'
- There is an island at the mouth of the Swartsfjord.
- The fjord has a dog leg bend half way along it's course and also narrows at this point.
- There are 9 flak positions: 1 on the island, 6 on the north side and 2 on the south side of the fjord
- The target is destroyed after 6 hits (not the 12 that the boffins originally specify)
Monday, 7 March 2011
633 Squadron DVD
I got my DVD copy of 633 Squadron in the post today so have been zipping through it to extract useful details for the 1:600th scale game. I know it's not exactly the same as the book but, as most players will be familiar with the cheesy big screen version, it's worth mining for details and ideas.
A bit of hamfisted fiddling with the DVD remote and I already have the following key details:
Not bad for five minutes of fast forwarding, pausing and rewinding, even if I say so myself.