Saturday, 26 March 2011
Red Armoured Train 
I got some time in on the artillery wagon today, although I had to fit it in around the usual stuff that gets in the way. I added a rim of plastic card around the gun mounting then tackled the turret. This was re-invented a couple of times but, with the use of a flying stand as a gun barrel and a piece of Lego as a cupola, I now have a fairly decent turret mounted field gun.
I decided to add a roof to the wagon as well, using a sheet of 1mm plasticard superglued in place. I then added some strips of half round beading and some ventilator type things out of squares of styrene and metal washers. The business end of the wagon was fitted out with buffers made out of mapping pins. I finished off with some armoured doors cut from 0.5mm plastic card.
I need to add some ladders and grab handles to the wagon using metal staples but that can wait until tomorrow. I debated the merits of adding individual rivets to the sides of the wagon but decided it was too much hassle. If I get the time, I'll also start on the second wagon which is most likely to be an armoured command carriage, complete with side mounted heavy machine guns.