Friday, 25 March 2011
Red Armoured Train 
I started to plate up the artillery wagon tonight, including the revised gun mounting and new octagonal gun turret. The turret consists of two octagonal fridge magnets stuck together with superglue then covered with 1mm styrene sheet, cut into individual sections and glued to the hex sides.
The circular gun mounting was cut from 1.5mm styrene sheet glued to the original hex base. I then added a metal washer as a turntable for the gun mounting, with the fridge magnet acting as the means of attachment. I need to add some greenstuff to fill the gaps, before I crack on with the scratchbuilt gun barrel and deflector plates.