Saturday, 15 January 2011

Rapid Fire 5th Battalion DCLI [12]

I managed to coat all of the infantry figures this mornign in the Klear based gunge wash followed by a drybrush of Foundry Rawhide, ready for some initial painting this afternoon. I've decided to tackle them one unit at a time, so started with A Company by painting the webbing in Foundry Cadaverous Green Shade with a Cadaverous Green highlight, finished off with a wash of GW Devlan Mud ink.

After this, I painted the rifles, water bottles and entrenching tool handles in GW Dark flesh, with a GW Flesh Wash to add a bit of depth, Finally, I painted the scrim on the helmets in three stage Foundry Phlegm Green with a wash of GW Thraka Green ink to finish off. I'm not sure about the end result and will probably tone it down a bit with a drybrush or overpaint of something tomorrow.

The next stage will be to paint the boots, gun barrels and other metallic bits in black, followed by a dark grey over brush. Then I'll paint the flesh and do a few details to finish them off. I reckon that each company will take about an hour to do now that I've worked out the scheme of things and have an end result to work towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment