A magnetic pickup tool:
A pack of four 90mm x 3mm laser cut hex bases from Warbases.
A 7mm or 6.5mm drill bit.
Brown or Desert colour acrylic paint.
Basing sand, flock and scatter.
1. Glue and clamp together three of the four bases and leave to dry.
2. When dry, drill a 7mm hole right through the middle of the sandwiched bases (you could use a 6.5mm drill bit then ream out the hole for a tighter fit)
3. Glue the fourth base onto the bottom of the sandwiched bases, clamp and leave to dry.
4. Spray base coat the assembled base. If you just want to have it painted, you should then sand it down and respray in your chosen colour.
5. Add basing sand, then paint and dtybrush in a suitable shade (I used Warpaints Brown)
6. Add static grass, flock, scatter or whatever you like to decorate the base.
7. Use superglue to fix the stand in place, taking care to remove the screw in finial first.
You could just slot the stand in but it tends to wobble, so it's probably better to fix it in place with glue.