Monday, 22 May 2017
Singin' the Blues
I asked my wife what she thought of the river sections that I made over the weekend. She said they were too green and, on reflection, she was probably right. As a result, I had a go at re-painting them in shades of blue, which looked alright to begin with but soon ended up as a right mess of streaky brush marks over the still visible green basecoat. Needless to say, I should have seen this coming but I am now back to square one with the offending bits in the bin. This is not a big deal, as they were only test pieces anyway, so now I will start again with all of the river terrain sections on a production line in order to get a good 4' completed all in one go. I just have to work out a good combination of blue shades, taking my time to blend them into something less smurf and slightly more aquatic in tone.