Sunday, 7 March 2010
Although I haven't yet got my hands on the sourcebook for VBCW, which hopefully will be in the post tomorrow, I've been thinking about the various options and have decided to go for the BUF. There are a number of reasons for this, not least of which is that the Musketeer figures are very nice. Other factors include:
1. I have some leftover Copplestone, Brigade and Artizan figures that might be useable including some late war Germans MG08 teams and some back of beyond German officer mercenary characters.
2. I have a very cool Smer 1/48th scale CR32 kit somewhere which would look very good and fit in well (thanks to Il Duce!).
3. With planes in mind, I could use some of the neat Artizan sky pirate figures as well, which is cool as I can't think of anything else I'd use them for?
4. I have a box of various Lledo diecast trucks that would be easily converted into a BUF armoured column of some sort and I could even do an armoured train!
5. They're all in black, which should make painting quite quick and less of a pain in the proverbial.
6. It's a bit different from my usual French and Bolshevik stuff.
7. I'm sure they could pop up just about anywhere as either allies or enemies of the various VBCW factions (it's all pretend after all).
The only downside is that the range of figures is, at present, a bit limited and that they're fascists but these are minor issues (never thought I'd say that).
I'm going to check out the VBCW books first but I'm pretty sure this is the one to go for.