Thursday, 7 January 2010


I've been playing around with the Battlegroups gizmo on the BKC website and have devised this Norwegian battlegroup, based on an orbat from a very good website that I found:

Norwegian Army, Norway (April 1940)
1 CO (CV8) [90]
4 HQ (CV8) [240]
1 FAO (CV6)[15]
9 Infantry Unit (Regulars) [360]
3 Support Unit (MG, Colt) [120]
1 Support Unit (Mortar, 81mm) [75]
2 Artillery Units (75mm) [60]

4 x Artillery HE (40 points)

Breakpoint 7
1000 points

It is spot on 1000 points, as you can see, and matches the actual orbat for an Infantry Battalion with an attached 7.5cm Artillery Battery off table and an FAO.

It breaks the points limits by having one extra HQ stand and I've made up the round 1000 by adding artillery assets, but otherwise it's fine. Isuppose I could split up the MG company and distribute the bases one per infantry platoon, which I suspect is what they would have done anyway? This would then eliminate the extra HQ and bring the battlegroup in line with the restrictions.

I reckon I can use the Pendraken Austro-Hungarians for both the infantry, the HMG's and guns, as the Austrian 76.2mm field gun is very similar to the Norwegian 7.5 cm feltkanon m/01 and the Colt HMG is a match for the Austrian HMG. It would be nice to find some LMG figures for the Madsens in each rifle platoon but I can do without them. I'll need some mortars but I can use spare artillery crew and some French mortars I have in a box somewhere.

I've just got to work out the packs I need and get them ordered.

If you're wondering why I've not completed any more ARVN stuff it's because I've finally run out of glue, having finished off the last of it on an M125 yesterday. I should be able to get hold of some tomorrow but, in the mean time, I'll do a couple of bases of special forces to keep myself busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bag The Hun (362) AK47 (330) Books (284) Back of Beyond (197) Bolt Action (153) Old West (118) Coastal Warfare (112) Bag The MiG (106) Pirates (106) Chain of Command (104) Wings at War (98) MiG Alley (94) VBCW (86) 15mm Sci-Fi / Near Future (79) Target Locked On (70) Fistful of Lead (67) Shows (67) BKC (65) Darkest Africa (65) What a Tanker (61) Rapid Fire (57) Indo China / Vietnam (56) Victory at Sea (52) Saga (51) Ironclads (50) Saurian Safari (50) Boardgames (49) Knights of the Sky (45) Gladiators (41) Flashpoint Baltic (40) Britain's Small Wars (39) IABSM (34) Journals (34) Pre-Dreadnoughts (34) Flashpoint Taiwan (33) Post Apocalypse (30) Iron Cow (29) Atlantic Wall (28) Normandy Firefight (27) Full Thrust (25) Samurai (23) France's Small Wars (22) Lion Rampant (22) Air War C21 (20) Fortifications (20) Mexican Revolution (20) 28mm English Civil War (19) Achtung Kommando! (18) Cold War (18) PITS (18) Aircraft (14) Napoleonic Naval (14) Naval Thunder (14) Rate of Fire (14) Black Ops (13) Dragon Rampant (13) Aliens (12) Desert Spitfires (12) Flashpoint PVO (12) Imaginations (12) Iron Cross (12) Aeronef (11) Imperial Commander (11) Impetus (11) SCW (11) Flashpoint Alto Cenepa (10) Gaslands (10) 633 Squadron (9) CY6 Jet Age (9) Flashpoint Fleet Air Arm (9) 28mm Future Wars (8) ACW (8) Adventures in Jimland (8) Ancients (8) Dux Britanniarum (8) Cry Havoc (7) Zulus! (7) French Indian Wars (6) Frostgrave (6) Three Musketeers (5) Arab Revolt (4) Five Men at Kursk (4) French Resistance (4) In Her Majesty's Name (4) Maurice (4) Scramble for Britain (4) The Men Who Would Be Kings (4) Galactic Heroes (3) HOTT (3) Strontium Dog (3) Check Your Six! (2) Crom (2) Disposable Heroes (2) Duel of Aces (2) Fire and Steel (2) Gangsters (2) HYW (2) Iron Stars (2) Luft 46 (2) NUTS! (2) No Go Zone (2) Sharp Practice (2) War in El Dorado (2) 2mm ECW (1) Dropzone Commander (1) Hind Commander (1) Sturmovik Commander (1)